Registered Home Clinics
Registered Home Clinic Information
Home Clinics are the foundation of a robust, accessible and sustainable primary care system. It is important that individuals and teams working within registered Home Clinics have access to the information and support they need to fulfil their role as a Home Clinic.
Our Home Clinic team is here to help. The Home Clinic team may be reached at 204-926-6010, 1-866-926-6010 or email@example.com.
Click on a category to learn more about what is available.
Learning and Training
- Home Clinic Portal User Guide (updated March 2017)
- Quick reference guides for key portal functions:
- Improve the quality of your patient demographic data using our Patient Demographic Best Practices quick reference guide.
- Take advantage of the supports and educational offerings of the Manitoba Peer-to-Peer Network; consultations with and coaching from your peers are available.
Guidelines, Procedures and Tips
- Review the Enrolment Method Overview to better understand each method and how it affects processing of enrolment data.
- Candidates for passive enrolment are identified through analysis of EMR data; consider our tips before you begin your analysis.
- Understand the limitations of using the Primary Care Data Extract (PCDE) for enrolment (updated March 2017) purposes, and how PCDE enrolment data is processed.
- Information related to responsibilities regarding personal health information is available.
- Submitting the Primary Care Data Extract.
- Managing Home Clinic Portal user access (i.e. request new user access or disable an existing Portal user).
Patient Communication Supports
Other Support Resources
Our Home Clinic team is here to help you in your role as a Home Clinic. A Home Clinic Liaison will work with Home Clinics to, for example:
- help understand a Home Clinic’s role within the primary health-care system
- support efforts to effectively communicate with patients about Home Clinic enrolment
- improve EMR data quality required for patient enrolment, episodic information sharing, and to support CCM tariff claims
If you are not sure who your Home Clinic Liaison is, please contact the Home Clinic team.
Home Clinic Support Model
The following illustration is intended to help Home Clinics identify the right resource to help them when questions or issues arise.
|For business enquiries (e.g. Home Clinic criteria, Primary Care Data Extract, Home Clinic name change, patient enrolment, etc.)||Home Clinic Team
|For help with technical issues (e.g. logging into the Home Clinic Portal, report will not run, etc.)|
Frequently Asked Questions