Career Profiles - Service Desk Analyst
This position will be of interest to IT professionals who seek a challenging workplace. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing frontline technical support to the computer-user community, focusing on the rapid restoration of service to all incidents. The incumbent will work closely with Desktop, Client Services, and Networking and Server Infrastructure Support Analysts. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for the coordinated operations of Break/Fix and Service (IMAC) Request inquiries.
- receive calls, emails and voicemails from the end-user community
- record and track all incidents and service requests
- keep clients informed on status and progress of service restoration
- perform an initial assessment of incidents/requests, attempting to resolve, fulfill or assign them to the appropriate support group in a timely manner
- invoke escalation procedures relative to the appropriate service level agreements
- highlight client training and education needs by following quality incident-tracking procedures
- close incidents after validating resolution with the client
- a recognized customer service training course
- a minimum of two years' related experience in the following areas:
- support of PC hardware systems
- knowledge of call tracking/work order management software tools
- telephone customer service
- effective verbal and written communication
- proven ability to plan work, establish priorities and adapt these plans and priorities in the face of unpredictable software and hardware challenges
- proven effectiveness in high-stress environments
- preference for ITIL V3.0 Foundations
- This position requires professionalism and diplomacy, acting as the essential link between the user community and the information systems technical support teams.
- Shift work may be required.
- Extensive use of phone and PC is required.
- undergraduate degree and/or diploma in Computer Science/Computer Analyst program from a recognized university or community college, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience